The most basic thing to prepare before trading is a demo account. But to open the chart and execute demo trades, you also need an online forex trading platform. Most forex brokers offer MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) as their trading platforms. Here are the easy steps you can try:
- Download and install MT4 or MT5 from the broker of your choice. If you haven't chosen one, you can try to register with brokers that provide both platforms like Exness or Admiral Markets.
- Open the MetaTrader platform.
- Fill in your data such as username, email address, password, and the amount of virtual money you'd like to trade.
- Wait for the platform to generate your account number, and save the login details once they are delivered to you.
- The platform is ready for you.
After successfully registering, practice until you are skilled enough to gain consistent profits in trading. When you feel ready to shift from the demo account, you may open a live account and deposit funds into it.